Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I'm still here!

Haven't forgotten my plan to continue to post pictures here when I got back...just got sidetracked. I have been introduced to several book creating software programs through CreativeMemories, Shutterfly and Blurb now, but found that Booksmart by Blurb was the easiest to use....and got started on an album.


I am about 35 pages of pictures, and 15 pages of journaling in...and I am only to day 4 of the trip!
I try to get three or four page spreads done a week so it gets complete before I forget. Journaling is the hardest part, so right now I am just picking which pictures and layouts to use and I will go back and plug in the journaling using a note book i scribbled in almost every day during the trip.

This will be a Malawi-dedicated picture post, because I am really missing it there the past few weeks. [sorry for any repeat pictures!]

Furniture makers on the roadside in Old Town Lilongwe

If you look closely in the bottom right corner of the sky, you can see the sign of the promise



Sun shining in the seminary chapel before everyone arrived in the morning



Several women business owners in the accounting sessions.


Katie and Becca Timmermans, Jen Van Ee and I in our chitenjes in between teaching sessions





a few kids near Livingstonia beach on Lake Malawi. Their mothers were washing clothes about 50 yards away from some rocks I wanted to photograph. They didn't speak a word of english, but knew what my camera was and jumped in front of me, posing for pictures. The girl on the right has about a 5 month old baby on her back.

Lake Malawi

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
CIP said...

Yayyy! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. That's awesome that we are so similar.

Is this your personal blog that I should read? Let me know so I can add it to my reader!