Monday, January 7, 2008

Not nervous, no

I hardly slept last night. I'm blaming it on the sinus bug that I just can't get away from.
But it was probably more out of excited/nervous anticipation.

This will be short. I still need to pack up a lot of things to drop off in my dorm room before I leave with the group for O'Hare.

I'm pretty proud of how light I packed. My big suitcase was only about 3/4 full with all my clothes for 16 days. (including shoes, jacket, even umbrella!) I fit all the 'goods' from Chris and Sara(&Kate!) in my big suitcase. My carry-on has my toiletries..and a LOT of medicines and vitamins, etc. (don't worry, nothing over 3 oz.) I have my laptop in another bag as my 'purse' carry-on.
Pretty good for going for over two weeks to Africa, don't you think? It's less to worry about anyway.
I got a combination lock for my suitcase for after we get off the plane (to use in hotels, etc)

And for all of you with concerns about safety and theft. I have my money split into 3 different places. I'm buying a money belt at walgreens on my way out. I have one bag to carry around, (NOT backpack..so i can hold it in front of me) and I plan on never being alone, and most certainly never at night.

I plan on 'journaling' on my laptop when I can, and then when I get an internet connection, I'll post something short on here with a picture or two. You'll all get the full version when I'm back.

If you think of it, pray for my sanity between the hours of 5:30pm today-1:30pm tomorrow. THat's when I'll be in going stir crazy in the airplane.

Tsalani Bwino!
Tionana!

(That's Chichewe for: "Stay Well! Goodbye!")

*miss you

2 comments:

eric said...

I like your blog. The map thing was neat. I hope your ride from O'Hare went okay...my plane flew to Chicago, then turned around and flew to Omahomo, Nebraska b/c of bad weather. Enjoy Paris for that hour lay-over!

P.S. Where is the Super?

eric said...

do they have internet in Africa?